Coming to Turkey to Ski
3 sonuçtan 1 ile 3 arası

Konu: Coming to Turkey to Ski

Standart Coming to Turkey to Ski

Hi All,

I found this forum while trying to learn about the ski conditions in eastern Turkey, near Erzurum and Yusufeli. I'm very thankful for this English section as I hope it can help me gather information .

I'm coming to Turkey from the USA in early February with a couple friends to do some backcountry (not helicopter) skiing in the Kaçkar mountain range. Since we will not be at a resort such as Palandöken, it is difficult to find forecasts and snow conditions for the more remote areas.

I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions:

1) What is the preferred website for determining weather and snow conditions in Turkey? I found some sites like TSMS and weather.com but I was hoping to find which one locals trust the most.

2) Are there organizations in Turkey that deal with mountaineering or backcountry skiing that may be good resources for conditions of the snowpack (with regards to avalanches, etc.)?

3) I found this website because I was searching for webcams showing the mountains in eastern Turkey, but a lot of the links were old and no longer working. If anyone knows of working webcams in Erzurum or the Kaçkars, that would be awesome!

4) Any other tips for a skier coming to Turkey for the first time?

Standart Cevap: Coming to Turkey to Ski

At first I would like to say welcome to our forum. Also please explain yourself in "introduce yourself" subject to meet with other subscribers.

1. Generally we check weather and snow conditions by Snow Forecast or Turkish State Meteorological Service . Also you can find the summarized info in main page of our forum web site.

We opened the ski season today and are coming back from the mountain, now. After we arrived home, I'll try to answer question 2 and 3.

Nice to meet you again and don't hesitate to ask for the further questions.
    Konu Tolga tarafından (29-11-2014 Saat 22:49 ) değiştirilmiştir.
    "Tanrının insana verdiği en büyük ceza akıldır."

Standart Cevap: Coming to Turkey to Ski

welcome truello

I guess this guide might help you https://twitter.com/gokhan2576

Yetkileriniz

• Konu Acma Yetkiniz Yok
  • Cevap Yazma Yetkiniz Yok
  • Eklenti Yükleme Yetkiniz Yok
  • Mesajınızı Değiştirme Yetkiniz Yok
  •